Colo. "fight club" involved 5th, 6th graders, say school officials
The discovery at the Ricardo Flores Magon Academy in Adams County came as students had been learning about bullying.
Back to the smart board?
Officials say the post-school brawling was a loosely organized club.
"Fight clubs, they are calling them fight clubs," school board chairman Virginia Longoria said. "Kids are getting together and daring each other to fight each other."
"They all admitted to planning it. Some of them admitted to actually physically fighting," interim head of the Academy Marcelino Casias said.
CBS Denver reported some were given in-school suspension for the fighting that took place in bathrooms, and mainly involved 5th and 6th graders.
"Our kids understand that it is not going to be tolerated, and it is not good and violence is not going to be something that we support," Longoria said.
"Actually they have been taking bullying classes for the last two weeks," Casias said. "We take it very seriously."
While the school insists no one was hurt parents told CBS Denver children came home with cuts, bruises, and scrapes from the fighting.
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- Ex-Playmate pleads guilty in immigrant smuggling case
- Report: NFL player not ruled out as suspect in murder probe
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says
- FBI finds possible human remains at mobster's former home
- Missing Univ. of Chicago student's body found in lake
- Atty: Martin family confident Zimmerman will be convicted
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Report: NFL player questioned in death investigation
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Calif. widow's home broken into 14 times, says she's leaving
- Report: Calif. man stabs father, cuts off his own hands
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender