Hazing probe of girls' soccer team at Joliet, Ill. high school
CBS Chicago reports pictures circulating online of one alleged target showed the victim being wrapped with plastic wrap.
The alleged hazing happened over the weekend at a tournament in Freeport, about 100 miles northwest of Chicago.
"We along with Joliet Police are investigating," said Freeport Police Department Deputy Chief Jeff Davis. "Whatever happened, happened in our jurisdiction."
He said if the investigation warrants, they'll pass it onto the State Attorney's Offices.
"Hazing/initiation is not tolerated," Joliet Township High School said in a statement on Wednesday," adding the school "immediately began to investigate," CBS Chicago reported.
"I was just disgusted to find out this type of thing happened," said Xochilt Correa, a mother who was at Joliet West Wednesday picking up her kids. "If it sends a message, then it sends the right message that it will not be tolerated."
CBS Chicago says at least one target of the alleged hazing may have been force-fed soap.
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Colorado mob attacks man thought to be sexual predator
- Authorities search for missing URI student
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home