Teen bites dog: You think we're making it up?
What kind of hangover cure is that?
CBS Chicago reports Garner allegedly bit the family's 80-pound English bulldog at least three times. She also bit and scratched her mother, police said.
Garner was charged with animal cruelty, two counts of domestic battery and underage drinking, Lake in the Hills police Sgt. Mark Smith said.
Officers responded to a disturbance at Garner's home about 4 a.m. Sunday after neighbors reported loud screaming, according to CBS Chicago.
Smith said Garner's mother confronted her about coming home late and being drunk, which led to the scuffle. Garner allegedly scratched and hit her 37-year-old mother in the left side of the face, and bit her right hand.
Garner herself was treated for a bite mark when the dog bit her once in the left arm, Sgt. Smith said.
"The dog was defending himself," Smith said. "She'd already bit him a few times. The dog was not charged."
The McHenry County Sheriff's office reports Garner was released on $3,000 bond Monday. She is scheduled to appear May 23 in county court.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Matt Baker, "Murdering Minister," Gets 65 Years for Killing Wife
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Matt Baker Trial: Ex Mistress Vanessa Bulls Says Preacher Killed Wife
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- W.Va. girl pleads guilty in the killing of Skylar Neese, 16
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Diane Schuler, Wrong-Way Crash Mom: Got Sick Twice Before Collision Killed Eight, Says Report