Dallas woman Cristal Paulette Richardson arrested for killing, castrating man, cops say
According to police records, the incident occurred at about 5 p.m. Saturday at a motel on Interstate 30.
Authorities said a security officer reported a commotion was coming from a third-floor room and saw Cristal Paulette Richardson emerge from the room naked and bloody. Police arrived to find 34-year-old Cedric Lamont Owens dead in the room.
The Dallas Morning News reports a field agent with the Dallas County medical examiner's office examined the man's body and found that he had "multiple stab wounds to his upper body, his throat was cut and there was traumatic amputation" of genitalia.
Richardson was taken to Parkland Memorial Hospital to be treated for hand injuries. Police said they saw "offensive cuts" on her hands and finger.
Homicide detectives, who obtained a search warrant for the hotel room, said they found a large bloody folding knife. A motive for the killing remains unclear.
Richardson and Owens both have criminal records, including felony convictions.
Richardson was booked into the Dallas County jail on a murder charge with bond set at $200,000.
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- Report: NFL player questioned in death investigation
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Atty: Martin family confident Zimmerman will be convicted
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- One of US FBI's most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Calif. widow's home broken into 14 times, says she's leaving
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Report: NFL player not ruled out as suspect in murder probe
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released