Dog delays Delta departure from LaGuardia
The Port Authority says the 30-pound Rhodesian ridgeback named Byrdie scampered around the runway for about 10 minutes while authorities tried unsuccessfully to collar her.
Agency workers say they had to find the puppy's owner aboard the Memphis-bound Delta Air Lines Airbus to help catch it.
The owner was led out onto the runway, where she called for 14-month-old Byrdie and the dog came running to her.
Puppy, owner, and all the other passengers and crew eventually got off the ground.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- 13-yr.-old girls targeted in Minn. abduction attempts
- Cops: NY man rescued after being held for ransom
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point