Minn. woman sentenced in texting-while-driving motorcycle fatality
The Mankato Free Press reports 23-year-old Erica Nelson of New Richland crashed into 58-year-old motorcyclist Ronald Berschman of Buffalo Center, Iowa in August 2010.
Nelson must pay $200,000 in restitution and perform 480 hours of community service, in addition to the probation. She pleaded guilty earlier this year to felony vehicular homicide.
Nelson earlier told investigators that she might have fainted before the crash.
Another motorist told authorities he saw Nelson's car in the wrong lane of Minnesota Highway 30 before the head-on collision.
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- N.J. cop accused of firebombing supervisor's home