Marvin Washington Jr., South Carolina McDonald's employee, arrested for spitting in customers' drink
According to police, 19-year-old Marvin Washington Jr. was arrested Wednesday and charged with malicious tampering with food.
CBS affiliate WLTX reports on April 14, a mother and daughter ordered sweet tea from the drive-thru of the McDonalds.
The woman claimed it wasn't sweet, so they asked for new drinks. Authorities say the two then discovered a large deposit of phlegm when they removed the lids of the drink to add more sugar because the second round of beverages still weren't sweet enough.
The alleged victims then called law enforcement.
Greenville County investigators say surveillance video caught Washington leaning over the cups before he filled them Saturday at the restaurant.
The McDonald's owner says he follows strict food safety procedures and asks people not to reach conclusions until all of the facts come out.
Washington was booked at the Greenville County Detention Center. It wasn't immediately clear Wednesday if he had a lawyer.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- N.J. cop accused of firebombing supervisor's home
- N.H. woman get 40 years in prison for child porn