Justin Bieber impersonator Lee Moir accused of sexually abusing New Jersey girl online
(CBS/AP) NEWARK, N.J. - Authorities in Canada say a man impersonating pop star Justin Bieber threatened and sexually abused a 12-year-old girl in New Jersey on a video chat site.
Acting Essex County Prosecutor Carolyn Murray says 34-year-old Lee Moir of Toronto, Ontario, posed as the pop star on Facebook. Authorities allege he threatened to harm the girl's family to force her to perform sex acts online. It's unclear if Moir used photos of Bieber on his Facebook page, but authorities say the girl realized it wasn't the pop star during the video chat.
Authorities say they believe Moir has been in contact online with "many juvenile females" in the United States, Canada, France, Australia and the Philippines, according to NJ.com.
He was arrested after an undercover Canadian officer posed as a 14-year-old girl online. Authorities say Moir engaged the officer in sexual conversations and requested a meeting and was arrested.
He's charged in Canada with luring, manufacturing child pornography and extortion.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot