Brittany Killgore Missing: Body found and woman arrested in search for Marine's wife in California
CBS Los Angeles reports according to San Diego Sheriff's Department Capt. Duncan Fraser, the discovery of the body was made at near Temecula and Lake Skinner Park at about 2:30 p.m.
The woman's identity could not be confirmed until a coroner's investigation, authorities said
The information of the discovery broke just hours after a woman was arrested in San Diego in connection with Killgore's disappearance.
Jessica Lynn Lopez, 27, was taken into custody at a Ramada Inn. She was expected to be booked on suspicion of murder after her release from UC San Diego Medical Center for minor self-inflicted wounds.
There were reports that investigators found a suicide note that led authorities to the location of the woman's body. However, sheriff's Lt. Larry Nesbit would not confirm that report. "There are too many loose ends to make sense of it at this point," he said.
According to Nesbit, homicide detectives investigating Killgore's disappearance believe there is "a strong likelihood" she is a "victim of foul play."
Law enforcement officials also have another suspect in custody - 45-year-old Louis Ray Perez, who was arrested Sunday for an unrelated weapon charge but is being questioned in Killgore's disappearance.
Perez, a Marine based in Camp Pendleton, was allegedly last seen with Killgore just before she went missing Friday. He is now being held at San Diego Central Jail on $500,000 bail. His arraignment is scheduled for Wednesday afternoon.
Nesbit said Perez had been "uncooperative and not completely forthcoming about his knowledge." Nesbit would not comment on the nature of the missing woman's relationship with the serviceman.
Killgore's husband is deployed overseas on a tour of duty in Afghanistan.
Killgore filed for divorce from her husband, Cory, last week, according to court records. Cory had been stationed at Camp Pendleton but has been serving a tour of duty in Afghanistan. He is reportedly on his way home due to his wife's disappearance.
Authorities have said Cory Killgore is not suspected in the disappearance of his wife.
More on Crimesider:
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- 13-yr.-old girls targeted in Minn. abduction attempts
- Cops: NY man rescued after being held for ransom
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Report: Fla. man stops to steal beer during police chase