Ying Wu and Ming Qu Murder Case: $125,000 reward offered for info about USC students slain in their car
According to CBS Los Angeles, Ying Wu and Ming Qu, both 23-year-old electrical engineering students, were shot while sitting in a 2003 BMW about a mile from campus on Wednesday, April 11 around 1 a.m. LAPD Cmdr. Andy Smith, a department spokesman, said Wu and Qu's car was double-parked on the street when they were shot.
Qu managed to get out of the car and run to a nearby home but was shot multiple times in the head. Wu was shot once in the chest.
Investigators said the attack might have been part of a robbery or attempted carjacking but but other possibilities have not been discounted.
Authorities have not yet released a description of the shooter, who fled on foot in the rain. However, they did say that some items belonging to the victims are missing but wouldn't elaborate.
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Cops: NC woman tried to poison family members' cheese
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student