Sierra Lamar Update: Searchers find possible clues in case missing Calif. teen
Thursday afternoon a volunteer with the Klaas Kids Foundation discovered a box with the word "handcuffs" on it, and two used condoms, in a grassy area near where police believe the 17-year-old was abducted two weeks ago.
According to CBS San Francisco, the site is also within a mile and a half of where detectives previously found the Lamar's cellphone and a bag of her clothes.
Officers took the box and condoms in for DNA testing.
Lamar was last seen heading out of her Morgan Hill home to get to school last Friday morning.
Hundreds of volunteers have been searching for Lamar after sheriff's officials reclassified the case Wednesday as an abduction, CBS San Francisco reports. Police said they had all but ruled out the possibility that the Ann Sobrato High School sophomore had run away.
Anyone with information about Sierra or her whereabouts is asked to contact Santa Clara County Communications at (408) 299-2311. During business hours, tipsters can call sheriff's investigators at (408) 808-4500 or the anonymous tip line at (408) 808-4431.
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied