Sierra Lamar Update: Searchers find possible clues in case missing Calif. teen
Thursday afternoon a volunteer with the Klaas Kids Foundation discovered a box with the word "handcuffs" on it, and two used condoms, in a grassy area near where police believe the 17-year-old was abducted two weeks ago.
According to CBS San Francisco, the site is also within a mile and a half of where detectives previously found the Lamar's cellphone and a bag of her clothes.
Officers took the box and condoms in for DNA testing.
Lamar was last seen heading out of her Morgan Hill home to get to school last Friday morning.
Hundreds of volunteers have been searching for Lamar after sheriff's officials reclassified the case Wednesday as an abduction, CBS San Francisco reports. Police said they had all but ruled out the possibility that the Ann Sobrato High School sophomore had run away.
Anyone with information about Sierra or her whereabouts is asked to contact Santa Clara County Communications at (408) 299-2311. During business hours, tipsters can call sheriff's investigators at (408) 808-4500 or the anonymous tip line at (408) 808-4431.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Victim in Utah church shooting expected to survive
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests
- Cops: Utah man shoots father-in-law during Mass
- Digging resumes for Jimmy Hoffa remains today
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen