Bodies identified as missing Detroit women Abreeya Brown, Ashley Conaway
(CBS/AP) DETROIT - The medical examiner's office says the bodies of two women found over the weekend in a wooded area in Detroit are those of Abreeya Brown and Ashley Conaway, who were reported abducted nearly a month ago.
Wayne County medical examiner's spokeswoman Brooke Blackwell told The Associated Press on Monday the bodies discovered on Sunday are Brown and Conaway.
Blackwell says the women were found gagged and bound with duct tape in a shallow grave. Both were shot in the head.
Witnesses say the women were forced into a car on Feb. 28 outside their home in Hamtramck, an enclave surrounded by Detroit. Brown's stepfather says he exchanged gunfire with the two captors.
No one has been charged in the disappearance and deaths of Brown and Conaway.
Conaway's ex-boyfriend, 26-year-old Brandon Cain, and another man, were charged earlier this month in a Feb. 8 shooting involving the missing women. Cain and Brian Lee, 24, are in custody but have not been charged in the women's disappearance or death.
Lee had been scheduled for a preliminary examination in district court on Monday, but it was adjourned until Friday, the same day Cain is expected to be in court.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles