Boston College football player Jaryd Rudolph accused of recording roommate having sex
According to CBS Boston, Rudolph, 19, is accused of recording the woman's "sexual noises" on February 15 and sharing it with others, including members of the football team, the police report said. He was arraigned on charges of illegal recording and unlawful wiretapping on Wednesday.
"She had no knowledge that these recordings were being made. She didn't give her consent to them being made, and she certainly didn't give her consent to them being distributed," said Mitchell Garabedian, the female student's attorney. "She found out about it by people making fun of her while she was working."
Rudolph's attorney, John Seed, says his client denies the allegation and looks forward to all the facts coming out through the criminal process.
Rudolph has been suspended by the school and football team and was ordered to stay away from the victim. He must also undergo "educational training and counseling," according to a statement from Boston College, which deemed his conduct - and the victim's conduct - "inappropriate."
Lizzie Jekanowski, a junior at Boston College who is part of the organization Students for Sexual Health says she is outraged with her school's reprimand of the young woman's behavior. She says, "It really reminds me of blaming victims of sexual assault for their crimes." She believes the school should do more to support the woman for having the courage to go to police.
"She had no involvement in the crime whatsoever and yet she is being held responsible and I find that very troubling," says Jekanowski.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Atty: Martin family confident Zimmerman will be convicted
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- One of US FBI's most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days