Jogger finds skeletal remains in Manorville, NY, police say
Suffolk County Police say a jogger came across the body in the woods at Manorville Hills Country Park on Wednesday. Homicide detectives combed the scene Wednesday night trying to find any evidence that may help them identify the person, CBS New York reports.
The gender or cause of death has not been determined and police did not say what condition the body was in.
On Feb. 17, police said a man walking his dog discovered skeletal remains in the Manorville area, which has been used as a dumping ground before.
In 2000 and 2003, the remains of two men were found in the same wooded area in Manorville. Two other dismembered bodies were later found in Manorville, and the heads of those torsos plus eight other corpses were later discovered miles away along a stretch of Long Island beach highway.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- N.H. woman get 40 years in prison for child porn
- Ex-judge charged with stealing cocaine from cases