Judge instructs jury before they begin deliberations in Rutgers spycam trial
The defense and prosecution wrapped up their closing arguments Tuesday. It will be up to the jury to decide whether Ravi is guilty of the 15 crimes with which he is charged, the most serious charge being bias intimidation.
On Wednesday morning, Judge Glenn Berman instructed the jury on the law and the relevant statutes in the case.
In his closing statement, defense attorney Steven Altman said his client had acted like a teenager, not a criminal.
"He hasn't lived long enough to have any experience with homosexuality or gays. He doesn't know anything about it. He just graduated high school," Altman said.
Prosecutors argued in their closing statement that Ravi's actions were indeed motivated by his dislike for gay people.
"He was bothered by Tyler Clementi's sexual orientation," attorney Julie McClure said.
In Sept. 2010, Clementi took a train to New York and committed suicide by jumping off the George Washington Bridge, just days after the alleged spying.
If convicted on all counts, Ravi could be sentenced to 10 years in prison.
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- Ex-Playmate pleads guilty in immigrant smuggling case
- Report: NFL player not ruled out as suspect in murder probe
- FBI finds possible human remains at mobster's former home
- Missing Univ. of Chicago student's body found in lake
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Report: Calif. man stabs father, cuts off his own hands
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Calif. teen, once honored, now murder suspect, cops say
- Mother of La. girl allegedly killed by brother speaks out
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple
- Bulger's attorneys grill admitted killer John Martorano
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender