Mystic Pizza restaurant made famous in movies, in trouble with IRS
The Day of New London reports that federal authorities took the money from the account of John Zelepos, George Zelepos and Christos Zelepos in January after a criminal investigation by the Internal Revenue Service. IRS officials refused to disclose details of the investigation or why the money was seized.
The seizure was revealed this week in a legal notice published in the newspaper.
The Zelepos family owns Mystic Pizza in Mystic, plus Mystic Pizza II in nearby North Stonington, and the Mystic Pizza Food Co.
No one answered the phones at the restaurants Thursday, so a pizza delivery anytime soon seems unlikely.
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Cops: NC woman tried to poison family members' cheese
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide