Texas Girl Scouts fight fight back during cookie money robbery
(CBS/KHOU) HOUSTON - A group of Girl Scouts in Texas fought back on Saturday when they were robbed outside of a Fort Bend County Walmart.
According to CBS affiliate KHOU, the girls say they were selling cookies outside the chain store when they were approached at around 1:50 p.m. by a man they believed to be a potential customer.
"A guy came up and was asking, 'How much are your cookies?' and so we were telling him and there was a guy in the car who was like, 'Hey, hurry up,'" said Girl Scout Rachel Johnson, KHOU reports.
Johnson reportedly said instead of buying cookies, the man grabbed the group's cash box and ran into the car to drive away. Johnson says she grabbed onto the car and her friend ran to help.
"Me and my friend, Rachel, went after the money and then they tried to hit me with the car. I started hitting the boy that was in the passenger seat, so I think he learned his lesson a little bit," Girl Scout Iravia Cotton said, reports KHOU. "And then they dragged my friend Rachel across the street driving off real fast."
The suspects, who were driving a black Toyota Camry, managed to escape with an estimated $200, KHOU reports. They remain on the loose.
Johnson, who sustained minor bumps and bruises, had a message for the cookie thieves.
"Who steals from a Girl Scout? I mean, seriously, it's like the worst thing ever," she reportedly said. "I hope your face hurts from when Iravia punched you -- jerks!"
According to local station KPRC, the girls will have to pay back the stolen money because each Girl Scout troop is responsible for the cookies and any boxes that are sold.
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Third Calif. law student charged in Vegas bird killing
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Prosecutors: Accused killer Kelly Soo Park is a "flight risk"
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Zimmerman defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence