Singer Bruce Springsteen asks for help finding missing Boston College student Franco Garcia
(CBS/AP) BOSTON - Singer Bruce Springsteen has taken to Facebook and Twitter to help find missing Boston College student Franco Garcia, who disappeared over a week ago.
On both networks, Springsteen posted a missing person poster Wednesday of 21-year-old Garcia of Newton, Massachusetts. Garcia has been missing since he left a bar popular with Boston College students early on Feb. 22. Springsteen also tweeted a request for anyone with information about the case to call the Newton Police Department.
Springsteen's son also attends Boston College, where Garcia was studying chemistry and played clarinet in the symphony band.
State and Newton police searched Garcia's home yesterday, looking for any evidence that could help locate the missing student, reports the Boston Globe.
State police divers searched for Garcia at a Chestnut Hill reservoir, but turned up nothing. They also searched Garcia's home for clues on where he might be.
According to CBS Boston, the Chestnut Hill Reservoir is the last place Garcia's cell phone signal was traced to although authorities admit that ping may not be completely accurate.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- W.Va. girl pleads guilty in the killing of Skylar Neese, 16
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship