Report: Brazilian man used fake ID with picture of Jack Nicholson on it
A Brazilian man was arrested Tuesday after he reportedly tried to open a bank account using a fake ID featuring a photo of actor Jack Nicholson.
According to CNN, the police chief in the Brazilian city of Recife said that Ricardo Sergio Freire de Barros, 41, had been in police sights for three months after the department received several reports of fraudulent activity.
Chief Erivaldo Guerra said Barros had been using fake IDs to open credit cards, bank accounts and even obtain a business license.
When he was arrested, Barros - who is more than 30 years younger than the Oscar-winning Nicholson - had six different IDs and several checkbooks and credit cards, reports CNN.
According to CNN, Barros didn't use Nicholson's name on the ID - instead he signed the card "Joao Pedro dos Santos."
Barros is now in jail, awaiting trial on charges of falsification of a public document and use of false documents.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Matt Baker, "Murdering Minister," Gets 65 Years for Killing Wife
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- W.Va. girl pleads guilty in the killing of Skylar Neese, 16
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Matt Baker Trial: Ex Mistress Vanessa Bulls Says Preacher Killed Wife
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan