Portland man accused of posting fake sex ads on Craigslist from ex-girlfriend
NBC affiliate KGW-TV reports 31-year-old Andre Flom was arrested Tuesday and charged with computer crime and identity theft. The sheriff's office says the posts began in October after he was convicted on domestic violence charges against the alleged victim.
Police verified more than 40 postings on Craigslist and other media sites that came from Flom between November 2011 to January 2012.
The posts listed the victim's name, phone number and address and invited men to contact her for sexual encounters. Catlin Moser told KGW as many as 50 men came to her home each night, and knocked on her door on the days the postings with her address appeared. She said others would call or text.
Some posts also invited people to dig up her plants and haul away a play structure.
One of the ads said "Having a party tonight at my house! Encourage single guys to come..."
"It made me really worried for my safety because, you know, what am I going to do if a few of them show up at a time? You know there's always the possibility of being raped," Moser said.
Flom was being held at the Multnomah County Jail on $30,000 bail.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- 13-yr.-old girls targeted in Minn. abduction attempts
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Cops: NY man rescued after being held for ransom
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- Report: Fla. man stops to steal beer during police chase