George Huguely Trial Update: Jury asks to see Yeardley Love's bedroom door, part of wall
(CBS) CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. - On its first day of deliberations, the jury in the George Huguely murder trial asked to have several pieces of evidence brought into the jury room.
48 Hours Mystery producer Marcie Spencer reports that the jury requested Wednesday to see the door to Yeardley Love's bedroom, which Huguely allegedly broke a hole in, as well as the section of her bedroom wall that he allegedly bashed her head against.
The 24-year-old Huguely, who has pleaded not guilty, could face life in prison if convicted of the most serious charge of murder in 22-year-old Love's death. Jurors can also consider lesser charges, including manslaughter and second-degree murder.
Love was found face down on her pillow in the early hours of May 3, 2010. Her right eye was swollen and bruised, she had marks on her chest that suggested she was grabbed and had injuries around her jaw, inside her mouth and neck. A coroner concluded she died of blunt force trauma. Medical experts offered various possible causes for her death, saying she may have died from a bruised and bleeding brain or smothering in her blood-dampened pillow.
In the video of his interrogation, Huguely says he went to Love's apartment the night of May 2, 2010 to talk about their relationship and that she "freaked out" when he broke into her room. Huguely admitted he may have shaken her but insisted he didn't grab her neck or punch her. He also claimed she repeatedly banged her head on the bedroom wall.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case