Calif. teacher's aide Tracy Lynn Betts arrested after her 12-year-old daughter was found naked, eating from trash
Tracy Lynn Bettes, 40, was arrested on suspicion of child endangerment and was released from jail Friday on $15,000 bond.
CBS Los Angeles reports Sgt. A. Woods said in a release the 12-year-old was found in abandoned and famished in a car Thursday after a 911 caller said they saw her picking through trash. Residents near Veil Elementary School said they saw a naked girl scouring trash bins in the area.
MSNBC reports witnesses say the girl completely naked, without even shoes on her feet, and trying to cover herself with a car floor mat.
After questioning the girl, they learned that her mother was working at the school. They arrested Betts shortly after.
The girl is in protective custody and was given medical care at a nearby hospital for unspecified ailments.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Cops: NC woman tried to poison family members' cheese
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"