Police: Man stabs roommate in neck in heated dispute over AC
(CBS/AP) ROSEBURG, Ore. - Douglas County sheriff's officers say a 64-year-old Oregon man stabbed his 38-year-old roommate in the throat with a screwdriver during a dispute over the heater and air conditioner.
Deputies say the victim, Jeffery Iverson, told them he had "scolded" his older roommate about having the heat and air conditioner on at the same time. Iverson says that's when Everett Bryan stabbed him.
The sheriff's office said deputies were called to the Roseburg residence just before 6:30 p.m. on Sunday, reports CBS affiliate KPIC.
Bryan was booked into the Douglas County Jail and charged with third degree assault, unlawful use of a dangerous weapon and menacing, KPIC reports.
Iverson was treated at a hospital and released.
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- N.J. cop accused of firebombing supervisor's home
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan