Missing Florida teen Naketa Leiba found safe at friend's home
(CBS/WFOR) MIRAMAR, Fla. - Police a Florida teen who went missing last week has been found safe.
CBS Miami reports that 17-year-old Naketa Leiba was found near her Miramar home at a friends apartment. Naketa told police she had run away from home and was not coerced or held against her will.
The 17-year-old had been missing since last Wednesday when, her mother says, she was supposed to walk home from her bus stop but never made it, CBS Miami reports.
Naketa's father, Michael Leiba, said they were overjoyed that their daughter is safe, reports CBS Miami. When they were reunited, he said Naketa was withdrawn and didn't say much. He said he can't believe his daughter ran away from home.
"There's no evidence, where are the phone records to show that she was corresponding with that friend. There's no evidence to show that she was with that friend," Michael Leiba reportedly. "She was found in a home with no lights. An 18-year old kid, I don't know how she pays her bills. So there's no evidence that she ran away."
More on Crimesider
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Moxley's friend testifies in Skakel appeal trial