Dalisha Adams, mom accused of abandoning kids had picture of champagne on Facebook page: report
The New York Daily News reports police were out looking for Dalisha Adams around 6:15 p.m. Sunday when the photo of someone holding a pink champagne bottle appeared on the social media site.
Adams'' daughters, 2-year-old Dominae and 3-year-old Diani, were found around 2:40 p.m. Sunday after their mother abandoned them on a New York City sidewalk. Two elderly women spotted the youngsters, who were dressed in coats and Ugg boots and clutching extra diapers, and called the police.
Adams, 26, was busted around 11 p.m., a little more than four hours after the Facebook post. Adams was awaiting arraignment late Monday on two counts of child endangerment.
Bertha Davia is the girl's grandmother, and her son, Shawn Cobbs, is the girls' father. Adams has accused Cobbs of domestic violence several times.
On Sunday, he and Adams had an argument over the kids.
"She wanted him to take the kids, and he told her he didn't have a stable place to take the kids," the girl's grandmother said. "She must have got mad, dressed them kids and brought them here."
There were no signs of abuse, but neighbors said Adams often cursed and yelled at the little girls and gave them a tongue-lashing hours before they were left on the street.
The girls were taken to a local hospital for evaluation and are temporarily in the custody of the Administration for Children's Services.
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case