Pinkberry co-founder Young Lee pleads not guilty in assault case
According to CBS Los Angeles, Young Lee, 47, allegedly beat a homeless man with a tire iron, breaking his arm in an incident last June.
The Los Angeles Times reports that police say the man approached Lee's rented Range Rover and asked for money while he was stopped at a light in East Hollywood. The two exchanged words and then Lee and a passenger allegedly chased the man and beat him.
According to the Times, the altercation may have been sparked by a sexual tattoo the man had that angered Lee.
Earlier this month, Lee's attorney told the Times that the man "made explicit threats as if he had a weapon, which he may have had."
Lee was arrested on Jan. 17 at LAX on a fugitive warrant, but on Monday the judge granted him permission to travel to South Korea, with the provision that he surrender his passport at his next scheduled court date on March 5.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case