Two feet discovered near severed head, hands in Hollywood Hills
The victim has yet to be identified, but according to CBS Los Angeles, police believe the separate body parts belong to the same man. Officials say he is between 40-60 years old. They are checking missing persons reports for a possible match.
The head was discovered by dog walkers in Bronson Canyon on Tuesday afternoon, Los Angeles police said.
"One of the dogs ran into the brush and came out carrying a plastic grocery bag. As the dogs shook the plastic grocery bag the severed human head fell out of the bag and onto the ground." said Cmdr. Andrew Smith.
Police say they do not know how the man died but believe the murder did not take place in Bronson Canyon.
"We believe this body part was just deposited up here . . . probably within the past several days," Cmdr. Smith said.
Bronson Canyon and surrounding trails have been closed indefinitely due to the ongoing investigation.
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- 10-year-old killed after gunmen shoot into Calif. home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Authorities search for missing URI student
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty