Police: Saints fan shot 49ers fans at Georgia Applebee's after playoff game
(CBS/AP) DULUTH, Ga. - Police say two San Francisco 49ers fans were shot by an angry New Orleans Saints fan in parking lot of an Applebee's restaurant after Saturday's NFL playoff game in which New Orleans lost 36-32.
Gwinnett County Police charged 31-year-old Donald Ray Ayro with assault for the shooting of 30-year-old Christopher Middleton and 30-year-old Corey Adams in the parking lot of an Applebee's in Duluth on Saturday.
Adams said that he and a friend were rooting for the San Francisco 49ers when a New Orleans Saints fan became upset that his team was losing, CBS Atlanta reports. The man left the bar without finishing his food, only to reappear when Adams and Middleton exited about an hour later.
"During the game we kind of forgot about it," Adams said, according to CBS Atlanta. "We started walking out to the car, this guy approached us in a hood. "
Middletown was shot in the abdomen and was taken to Gwinnett Medical Center in critical condition. Adams suffered a minor graze to the head and was treated on the scene.
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- Ex-Playmate pleads guilty in immigrant smuggling case
- Report: NFL player not ruled out as suspect in murder probe
- Report: NFL player questioned in death investigation
- Atty: Martin family confident Zimmerman will be convicted
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple
- Calif. widow's home broken into 14 times, says she's leaving
- FBI finds possible human remains at mobster's former home
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Missing Univ. of Chicago student's body found in lake
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio