"Quiet man" fatally shot at home by Ind. police
Police say Williams tried to attack some officers, who were called to his Reelsville home about a domestic dispute, reports CBS affiliate WISH.
Williams lived with his two sons, one a college student, the other in high school.
Officers were called to his home Sunday night, and say they arrived to find him locked inside a bathroom. Police say he was trying to kill himself, WISH reported.
When officers unlocked the door, police say Williams ran towards them with two knives in his hands. Two officers fired their stun guns which failed to stop Williams.
He knocked an officer to the floor prompting three others to open fire, police said.
According to WISH, Williams died at the scene. Indiana State Police are investigating.
"I don't know what could have happened," Williams' neighbor Jane Roose said, "I mean if Bill attacked anyone, that's not Bill. That's not the Bill I know."
Roose says she's known Williams for 13 years. She describes him as a quiet man and a very helpful neighbor, who would plow their street whenever it snowed.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case