NJ cop beaten in brawl caught on tape after Winter Classic hockey game
The fight was recorded on a cell phone and initially put on YouTube, but later taken down because it was considered too shocking and violent, reports CBS Philadelphia. However, Philadelphia police on Wednesday released an edited version of the video, which ends with a Rangers fan lying stunned on the street.
Police say the brawl began with some Flyers fans stopping a window-washer who happened to be passing by, reports CBS Philadelphia.
Capt. Laurence Nodiff with the Philadelphia Police Department reportedly explained that they, "Gave him a couple bucks and said, 'Hey go over to those Rangers fans and squirt some water in their faces.' Apparently, he goes over and squirts some water and they jump up and the guy runs away."
Investigators say the rival fans got into a verbal dispute that quickly became physical after a man in a Flyers jersey threw the first punch. Two other men join in the fight, which also involves a second Rangers fan.
One of the men who was beaten is an off-duty Woodbridge, NJ police officer, reports CBS New York. He was reportedly taken to a local hospital and required stitches to close his wounds. He's now recovering at his home in New Jersey
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Cops: NC woman tried to poison family members' cheese
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered