N.M. divorce lawyer broke into home of client's husband, records show
The Alamogordo Daily Times reports that lawyer Raymond Van Arnam was arrested Wednesday for fourth-degree felony breaking and entering and fourth-degree criminal damage to property over $1,000.
Van Arnam's client, Melissa Stonecipher, was also charged with fourth-degree felony conspiracy.
According to court records, Van Arnam broke into the residence of Stonecipher's husband, and let two other men inside to remove numerous items of baby furniture and baby accessories.
Records say that when the husband arrived at the residence, divorce lawyer Van Arnam charged the husband's car.
Van Arnam was jailed at the Otero County Detention Center in lieu of bond.
Time to call another lawyer.
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Zimmerman defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Prosecutors: Accused killer Kelly Soo Park is a "flight risk"
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home