Authorities scale back search for missing Maine toddler Ayla Reynolds
(CBS/WBZ) WATERVILLE, MAINE - Authorities say they've scaled back the search for missing for missing Maine toddler Ayla Reynolds.
Search crews have conducted the last of their "large-scale search operations" on Wednesday, reports CBS Boston.
In the last 12 days, search crews have conducted a large number of ground and water searches in the area where Ayla was last seen. Waterville Police say detectives are actively following up on 370 tips that they have received from the public.
The 20-month-old Ayla was last seen when her father put her to bed a week and a half ago. Police seized an SUV belonging to Justin DiPietro and relatives of the missing toddler have said they were concerned about the girl's safety while she was staying with her father.
In a statement released Wednesday, Justin DiPietro says he would not hurt his daughter. DiPietro, in the statement, says he is not hiding and that he has no idea what happened to her.
"I have been in full cooperation with everyone in this effort, including not adding to the media hype," he says. "I would never do anything to hurt my child."
Ayla, who is blonde, blue-eyed, and 2-feet-9 inches tall, was last seen Friday night wearing green one-piece pajamas with polka dots and the words "Daddy's Princess" on them. She also had a soft cast on her left arm.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- N.H. woman get 40 years in prison for child porn
- Ex-judge charged with stealing cocaine from cases