Maine toddler Ayla Reynolds missing since Saturday
(CBS/AP) WATERVILLE, Maine. - A search is underway in Waterville, Maine for a 20-month old toddler that has gone missing from her bedroom in her father's home, police say.
CBS Boston reports police and firefighters have been investigating since Saturday morning when Justin DiPietro, the father of toddler Ayla Reynolds, called police to report his daughter was not in her bed and could not be located.
The little girl's mother, Trista Reynolds, filed paperwork seeking sole custody of the toddler a day before the girl went missing. She said she wants answers from "the last man to see my daughter."
Trista Reynolds told ABC's "Good Morning America" that she and Ayla's father did not get along, and that she hadn't told him she had filed the court paperwork on Thursday.
"I've had no contact with him; he's had no contact with me. All I know is he's the last man to see my daughter, and all I want to know where she is," she said Monday.
Ayla, who is blonde, blue-eyed, and 2-feet-9 inches tall, was last seen Friday night wearing green one-piece pajamas with polka dots and the words "Daddy's Princess" on them.
She also had a soft cast on her left arm.
Police spoke with Ayla's father, mother, and other family members about the disappearance and say all parties were cooperative.
Police Chief Joseph Massey said all possibilities were being investigated, including abduction. "Everything is open. Everything is on the table," he said.
"We need more than just us. We need the help of the general public," Massey said. "I suspect that somebody out there may know where the little girl is. ... We'd like to get her back home," he said.
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Third Calif. law student charged in Vegas bird killing
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Cops: NY man rescued after being held for ransom
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Zimmerman defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin