Police: Seattle Mariners' Greg Halman murdered in the Netherlands
(CBS/AP) ROTTERDAM, Netherlands - Seattle Mariners outfielder Greg Halman has been stabbed to death and his brother has been arrested as a suspect, according to Dutch police.
Rotterdam Police spokeswoman Patricia Wessels says police were called to a home in the Dutch port city early Monday morning and found Halman bleeding from a stab wound.
The officers attempted unsuccessfully to resuscitate the 24-year-old major league baseball player. Halman was born in the Netherlands and played baseball there during the off-season, according to Reuters.
Wessels says the officers arrested Halman's 22-year-old brother. She declined to give his name, in line with Dutch privacy rules. Fox News reports that the brother's name is Jason.
Wessels said the brother was being questioned by police.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case