Michael Lohan due in court Wednesday on domestic violence charges
The New York Daily News reports that his appearance in a Tampa court will deal with charges of domestic violence, violating a protective order, obstructing arrest and ignoring a judge's order to not even "dream" about his former girlfriend Kate Major - much less call her.
If convicted of all counts, he faces up to four years in jail.
Lohan was arrested on Oct. 25th after allegedly striking Major after a violent argument. He was warned by a judge to not make any contact with her, but two days later he was accused of violating his terms of release by harassing her over the phone.
In that same incident, he also tried to evade cops by jumping off a three story balcony. The judge denied him bail following that Oct. 27th arrest.
MIke Cox, spokesman for the Florida State Attorney in Hillsborough County, said "the charges are first-degree misdemeanors punishable with up to one year in jail (for) each."
Cox said that county inmates usually serve the majority of their sentences. This means Michael Lohan wouldn't get the same short-term jail treatment of five hours his daughter received in Los Angeles earlier this week.
Lindsay Lohan finished a 30-day sentence for her shoplifting and DUI cases in less than five hours Monday due to jail overcrowding.
"We're in better shape," Cox said. "People serve close to their prescribed sentences in Hillsborough County."
- Ex-Playmate pleads guilty in immigrant smuggling case
- Missing Univ. of Chicago student's body found in lake
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- FBI finds possible human remains at mobster's former home
- Mother of La. girl allegedly killed by brother speaks out
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Calif. teen, once honored, now murder suspect, cops say
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Report: NFL player not ruled out as suspect in murder probe
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says
- Report: 2 NY men arrested in alleged radiation terror plot
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple
- Report: Calif. man stabs father, cuts off his own hands