South Carolina math teacher Carole Ann Hope accused of having sex with 14-year-old student
(CBS/WLTX/AP) DARLINGTON, S.C. - Police have arrested 36-year-old South Carolina teacher Carole Ann Hope, after she allegedly had sex with a former middle school student.
The Darlington County Detention Center says deputies arrested Hope on charges of criminal sexual conduct with a minor and lewd act on a minor.
Arrest warrants from the State Law Enforcement Division accuse Hope of having sex with the 14-year-old boy at her Hartsville home and at a hotel in Horry County between March 1 and Oct. 31.
One of the warrants says Hope met the teen while teaching seventh-grade math at New Heights Middle School in Jefferson.
According to CBS affiliate WLTX, Chesterfield County School District Spokesman Ken Buck says Hope has been put on administrative leave pending an investigation.
- Ex-Playmate pleads guilty in immigrant smuggling case
- Missing Univ. of Chicago student's body found in lake
- FBI finds possible human remains at mobster's former home
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- Mother of La. girl allegedly killed by brother speaks out
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Calif. teen, once honored, now murder suspect, cops say
- Report: NFL player not ruled out as suspect in murder probe
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Report: 2 NY men arrested in alleged radiation terror plot
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Report: Calif. man stabs father, cuts off his own hands
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple