Plastic Surgery Pastor Gets Probation For Choosing Good Looks Over God
NEW YORK (CBS/AP) They call him Friar Nip-and-Tuck.
And now a New York pastor has been ordered to serve five years probation for dipping into his church's coffers to pay for his for plastic surgery bills.
There is only one wrinkle.
The Rev. William Blasingame also must repay more than $84,000 to St. Paul's Memorial Episcopal Church on Staten Island.
He used money earmarked for the needy and the upkeep of church grounds to pay for personal luxuries, including fancy suits, tens of thousands of dollars worth of plastic surgery and Botox treatments.
The cutest clergyman pleaded guilty to felony grand larceny in September. He could have faced 15 years in prison if convicted at trial.
His lawyer says Blasingame is "very sorry."
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- 13-yr.-old girls targeted in Minn. abduction attempts
- Cops: NY man rescued after being held for ransom
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Report: Fla. man stops to steal beer during police chase