Lawrence Taylor Arrested in Traffic Accident
NEW YORK (CBS/AP) NFL great Lawrence Taylor looks like he needs a time out — to nap.
Taylor, a former New York Giants player, has been released on bond following his arrest in a Miami-area traffic accident.
Miami-Dade County jail records show that Taylor was charged Sunday with leaving the scene of an accident with property damage, a second-degree misdemeanor. He was released on $500 bond later that night. It was not immediately clear if Taylor has an attorney.
A Florida Highway Patrol spokesman says Taylor was involved in a hit-and-run crash Sunday in Hialeah. Taylor told investigators he thought he had hit a guard rail. There were no injuries and troopers didn't conduct a sobriety test.
Taylor is a former New York Giants linebacker. He was inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame in 1999. He also competed in ABC's "Dancing With the Stars" this year.
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- N.J. cop accused of firebombing supervisor's home
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan