Christmas Horror: 7-Month-Old Fetus Found in Gift Box Under Christmas Tree in Texas
Medina, 31, and Gonzalez, 37, of Mission, have been charged with abuse of a corpse and tampering with evidence.
Police found the fetus inside the woman's trailer home Thursday after getting an anonymous tip, according to San Juan Police Chief Juan Gonzalez.
Autopsy results are pending, but Gonzalez said police believe the woman used pills to induce an abortion last Thursday, then called an ambulance after she began bleeding and told doctors she did not know where the fetus was.
The police chief said the couple tried to flush the fetus down the toilet, but failed to do so.
"Apparently they cleaned up the fetus and they placed it inside a gift box under the Christmas tree," the police chief said.
Bond for Medina and Gonzalez was set Monday at $20,000.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case