Casey Anthony Lawyers Seek to Block Death Penalty
Photo: Caylee and Casey Anthony.
A hearing in Anthony's case is set to begin Friday morning in Orlando.
Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee, whose body was found six months after she went missing. She has pleaded not guilty. Prosecutors have said they will ask for the death penalty if Anthony is convicted.
The toddler's remains were found last December in woods near the home where she lived with her mother and grandparents. Although the death was ruled a homicide, a specific cause was never determined.
MORE ON CRIMESIDER
December 11, 2009 - Casey Anthony Lawyers Seek to Block Death Penalty
November 20, 2009 - Casey Anthony Defense: Meter Reader Roy Kronk Killed Caylee Anthony
November 9, 2009 - Book 'Em: Mommy's Little Girl -- Casey Anthony and her Daughter Caylee's Tragic Fate
October 21, 2009 - Police Interrogations: Questioning Casey Anthony
October 19, 2009 - 911: Where's Caylee Anthony?
September 30, 2009 - Duct Tape in Caylee Anthony Murder Case Contaminated by FBI
September 25, 2009 - Heart-Wrenching Caylee Anthony Evidence Destroyed, FBI Docs Show
August 24, 2009 - Casey Anthony's Defense Revealed
July 8, 2009 - Casey Anthony Trial Delayed Until 2010
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- City sues "Robin Hood" group that prevents parking tickets
- Colorado mob attacks man thought to be sexual predator
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Vegas police: Boy, 15, murdered over iPad
- Official: College student faked kidnapping due to bad grade
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting