Brewed Awakening: Man Busted for Drinking Coffee Naked in His Own House
SPRINGFIELD, Va. (CBS/AP) - All Eric Williamson wanted was a cup of coffee to start his day.
With his roommates already out of the house, the twenty-nine-year-old Virgina man decided to help himself to some joe while in the buff.
But things got complicated when a passer-by spotted the bare-skinned barista while taking her 7-year-old son to the local school bus stop.
Apparently not impressed with the x-rated view, the concerned mom called police, and now Williamson is facing indecent exposure charges for sitting naked in his own house.
The au naturel father-of-one denies any wrongdoing and says any exposure was accidental.
"Yes, I wasn't wearing any clothes but I was alone, in my own home and just got out of bed. It was dark and I had no idea anyone was outside looking in at me," Williamson said.
But Fairfax County Police see it differently.
Spokeswoman Mary Ann Jennings said the woman and her son first saw Williamson standing naked inside his doorway as they walked along a path outside his home.
Police say Williamson then followed the two from inside his home and exposed himself again through a large front window.
Police would not pursue a case based on inadvertent exposure, Jennings said.
"I am a loving dad," Williamson said. "Any of my friends and anyone knows that and there is not a chance on this planet I would ever, ever, ever do anything like that to a kid."
The charge is a misdemeanor punishable by up to a year in jail.
What do you think?
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests