Facebook Fugitive Craig Lynch Updates Facebook Status While British Cops Search in Vain
Photo: Facebook screen grab of Craig Lynch's profile.
Lynch seems intent on doing just that.
Back in September, the 28-year-old Facebook-friendly convict escaped the Hollesey Bay Prison, located in Suffolk, about 100 miles north of London.
Though police can't seem to figure out where he is, his Facebook friends get constant updates with Lynch describing everything from what he ate for dinner to who his first sexual conquest of 2010 will be, according to CNN.
"mmm i just had a 12lb venison steak. Roasted veg and chips, bangin meal. I feel stuffed but still got room for the j.d's . Hope you enjoyed the meal babe's. We'll have to eat here again," Lynch wrote on his wall, CNN reported.
The network says Lynch also wrote "Is thinkin, which lucky girl will be my first of 2010!!."
"We have spoken to Facebook and we are trying to trace him from the information we have," Suffolk police spokesperson Anne-Marie Breach told CNN. "We're also asking for help from members of the public."
Lynch was serving a seven-year prison term for aggravated burglary before his escape, according to the cable news network.
"Obviously we're taking what he's saying on Facebook with a pinch of salt because he's now aware that people may be reading what he's writing," Breach told CNN.
Regardless, his nearly 4,000 fans are cheering him on.
"Lol great job man, good luck from france," reads a fan's recent comment.
Lynch's most recent posting reads "nearly made it to christmas. merry christmas to the supporters x."
WHAT DO YOU THINK? Is it cool for this convict to use Facebook? Or should the social networking giant intervene?
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor