Chetania Davis (Pictures): Stripper Stabs Stripper with Stiletto in the Face
AKRON, Ohio (CBS/AP) — Perhaps Ohio exotic dancer Chetania Davis has shoes that are made for stabbing. The 22-year-old stripper has been sentenced to a year of probation for attacking a fellow exotic dancer in the face with a stiletto heel.
In a deal with prosecutors, Davis, who is eight months pregnant, pleaded guilty Tuesday in Akron to a misdemeanor assault charge.
Prosecutors say Davis used the heel to stab her 52-year-old co-worker Jo Nolan several times April 17 in the club dressing room of Club 1245, causing wounds that required seven staples. It was the older woman's first day on the job.
Police had said she was attacked because Davis didn't think the club needed more dancers.
Defense attorney Tom DiCaudo maintains Davis was defending herself during a fight. He says she took the plea to move on with her life.
The judge also suspended a six-month jail sentence.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- One of US FBI's most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- Atty: Martin family confident Zimmerman will be convicted
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days