Bring it On: Cheerleader Terrorized by Catfight Video Posted on Facebook
SILVER SPRING, Md. (WJZ) As students at a Montgomery County high school watched a football game on the field, one student captured cell phone video of a brutal attack on Friday, Sept. 25, 2009.
Gigi Barnett reports the attacker is suspended, but the victim is hurt twice by the video that's now on the Internet.
Video of the attack was posted on popular Internet websites. While students are chatting about it, parents have concerns.
John F. Kennedy High School in Silver Spring was quiet Thursday afternoon, but behind the school Friday night, it was a totally different scene.
A member of the cheerleading squad was attacked by another girl, angry and determined to fight 17-year-old Temperance Maupin over a boy.
"Are you the 'B' that tried to 'F' my baby's daddy," recalled Temperance.
For Temperance, what made it worse is that someone posted the video on the social networking site Facebook.
Many students at the school have posted comments.
"They were just like, LOL, ha, ha, ha," said Temperance.
"How do we allow ourselves to get to that point where we are so angry, and we're conducting ourselves as we saw in the video," said Thomas Anderson, principal.
That's the question the school's principal asked the girl who attacked Temperance.
"The disciplinary actions that I put forth is as strong as I can make it," said Anderson.
That's a 10-day expulsion. Parents now want action.
"I was shocked. I almost kept her home," said Lola Hill. "I want to know if my child is going to be safe coming to this school."
The school's principal says Kennedy High has a leadership program that teaches students conflict resolution skills.
So far, no charges have been filed in the incident.
STORY CONTRIBUTED BY GIGI BARNETT OF CBS AFFILIATE WJZ BALTIMORE
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Moxley's friend testifies in Skakel appeal trial
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call