Billings Murder: Daughter of Slain Fla. Couple to Go on Oprah
PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) The daughter of a Florida Panhandle couple known for adopting 13 special needs children and killed in their home in July has turned down numerous media requests for an interview.
But not Oprah.
Ashley Markham, her husband and attorney will be traveling to Chicago next week to tape an episode of the "Oprah Winfrey Show."
Her attorney says Oprah will focus on the family and their legacy, not the murders.
Markham has turned down interview requests from the national media who wanted to focus on the crime.
Byrd and Melanie Billings were shot dead in their bedroom on July 9.
Six men and a 16-year-old have pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder in the slayings. A woman has pleaded not guilty as an accessory to the crime.
PREVIOUSLY ON CRIMESIDER
August 18, 2009 - Adopted Son Watched as Gunmen Murdered Billings
August 10, 2009 - Billings Murders: Man with "Mexican Mafia" Ties Questioned
July 22, 2009 - Wealthy Fla. Couple Not Killed by Contract Hit, Say Police
July 21, 2009 - Slain Fla. Family: First He Took Their Money, Then He Took Their Lives
July 16, 2009 - Fla. Couple Murder: Blogging from the Scene
July 16, 2009 - Mystery Deepens Around Execution of Couple Who Raised 16 Kids
July 15, 2009 - Men Trained for Month in Wealthy Couple's Slaying, Sheriff to CBS
July 14, 2009 - Faces of Evil? 7 in Custody in Slaying of Wealthy Fla. Couple
July 14, 2009 - Fla. Couple Killed: What Horrors Did Children Witness?
July 13, 2009 - Parents to 16 Slain for Nothing
July 10, 2009 - Parents of Sixteen Slain
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case