Ryan Seacrest's Stalker Behind Bars
Needless to say, Seacrest and his security team were not impressed.
Now, police in Southern California say Chidi Benjamin Uzomah Jr. has been arrested for assaulting the security guard who tried to stop him from getting into a car with Seacrest.
Orange police Sgt. Dan Adams said Thursday that Uzomah Jr. tried to enter Seacrest's vehicle on Tuesday as the host left a charity appearance at Children's Hospital of Orange County.
Adams says security guards tried to stop Uzomah and a scuffle broke out. He says Uzomah is accused of choking one of the guards, who nearly became unconscious.
Adams says Seacrest pulled away and was not involved and that Uzomah was booked on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon or force likely to cause great bodily injury.
He's expected to be arraigned Friday.
- Hitman testifies "Whitey" Bulger "broke my heart"
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, released from prison
- Cops: Utah man shoots father-in-law during Mass
- Embattled ex-Elmo puppeteer wins 3 Daytime Emmys
- Calif. teacher accused of killing wife arrested after search
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Joseph Naso, 79, on trial in "Double Initial" murders
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen
- Medical examiner resigns after 3 die in same hotel room
- Report: Weekend violence leaves 7 dead, 46 shot in Chicago
- Calif. school district wins $2.6M in "false rape" case
- Funeral held for Md. girl who police say was raped, killed
- Jimmy Hoffa search focuses on field in Detroit suburb
- Court revisits disputed 911 call in Zimmerman trial
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender