911: "My God ...My Daughter's Dead"
Escondido, CA, January 21, 1998
Stephen and Cheryl Crowe find their 12 year old daughter stabbed to death in her own bedroom. Steve calls 911.
Fourteen-year-old Michael Crowe confesses to murdering his sister after a two-day police interrogation without a lawyer or a parent present. He spends the next year in jail, only to be released when DNA evidence, previously ignored, points to a schizophrenic drifter, Richard Truite. Truite is found guilty of the murder and sentenced to 13 years in prison.
"48 Hours | Mystery" episode, "The Confession."
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles