Mich. Mom Aimee Louise Sword Seduced Son She Gave Up For Adoption, Say Police
DETROIT (CBS) When Aimee Louise Sword, a central Michigan woman, used the Internet to locate a son she gave up for adoption over a decade ago, few could imagine that the reunion of the two could lead to anything sinister.
But police allege exactly that, saying that Sword, 35, seduced her long-lost biological son and had sex with the teenage boy sometime after they were reunited.
Sword's lawyer, Kenneth Burch, has defended his client against these troubling charges.
She maintains her "presumption of innocence," he told local Michigan news site mlive.com. The accusations "have been very difficult for her," he said.
Sword has been charged with third-degree criminal sexual conduct in the case.
Waterford Township police say that Sword was arrested on April 24th after their detectives were informed of the sex abuse accusations by Child Protective Services, reports
She remains free on bail.
Due to the boy's age and nature of the case, CBS will not release further details on him.
On Sword's MySpace page, she quotes rap artist Lil' Kim. "She rises during the worst of obstacles," she wrote in August and noted the quote, "Reminded me of myself."
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Moxley's friend testifies in Skakel appeal trial