Fan Arrested for Planting "Love" Kiss on Rafael Nadal
NEW YORK (CBS/AP) Tennis pro Rafael Nadal has long topped the charts as one of the sport's sexiest stars, but the muscular Spaniard's allure went to a whole new level Tuesday night when one rabid fan could not control himself and rushed the court to plant a big one on the world champ after his U.S Open victory.
The man was arrested at Arthur Ashe Stadium. Tournament spokesman Tim Curry said police arrested the man for interference with a sporting event.
"We're reviewing what happened and then will determine if we have to make any changes to our on-court security procedures," Curry said.
When the "King of Clay" finished beating Gael Monfils, the spectator ran out of the stands and approached Nadal on the sideline before security guards intervened. It's the latest in a series of similar episodes at major tennis events, including when a man went up to Roger Federer during the French Open final and tried to place a hat on his head.
"For me, it wasn't a problem. The guy was really nice," Nadal said. "He said, 'I love you,' and he kissed me."
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case