Police Interrogations: "Shhh... There's a Body in the Bathtub"
Austin, TX, August 26, 2005
The body of Jennifer Cave was found shot, mutilated and dismembered in a bathtub at the home of a Texas University business school student, Colton Pitonyak. There was a machete in his dishwasher. When police located Pitonyak in Mexico with his girlfriend, Laura Hall, they arrested him and brought her in for questioning.
Laura Hall was tried for mutilating Cave after her death, and for helping Pitonyak to escape. The judge ruled that her interrogation was inadmissible hearsay. She was found guilty and sentenced to 5 years in prison. However she was released from prison and her sentence is being appealed. Colton Pitonyak was found guilty of murder and sentenced to 55 years in prison.
Watch the entire episode of the "48 Hours | Mystery," "In Too Deep."
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web